Sunday, January 23, 2011

taco pie recipe

Hi everyone!  So I have another recipe {courtesy of my Aunt Gail} that is delish and packed full of meat.  It's called Taco Pie.  I made this for a bunch of guys and they gobbled it up.
















Ingredients
1 pkg low fat or regular Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
{I used two pkgs.  One wasn't enough for some reason.}
1 lb lean fresh ground turkey breast
1 16 oz medium thick & chunky salsa
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese



Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Brown ground turkey in skillet until no pink shows.
Drain and add jar of salsa.
Let simmer while you put the dough in a pie plate.
Press onto bottom and sides to form a crust.
{I had a little extra dough, I wove it over the top}
Add turkey mixture.
Sprinkle all the cheese on top.
Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.
You may want to protect the crust from browning too much by putting foil around the edges.

And here's your finished product :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment